Indian french toast has been a favorite of my grandmother’s since I can remember. She loves to make this recipe for our family (and of course herself too!) as a quick and easy lunch that is super delicious. If you’re just starting out as a cook, I would definitely recommend trying this out. It can be made in minutes but still has all the spices to impress your friends and family. I love to eat mine with either ketchup or maggi sauce, but this dish is flavorful enough to taste great on its own as well. Please leave any comments or questions down below and I’d be happy to respond to all of them! Happy cooking, and hope you enjoy this recipe!
Indian French Toast
This Indian French Toast recipe will give an American classic a traditional Indian spin.
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon green serrano chili pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 of yellow onion, finely chopped
- cilantro to taste
- 1 teaspoon ghee or butter
- 2 slices of bread
- Step 1 Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Step 2 Add green chili, salt, ginger, garlic, onion, and cilantro into the egg mixture and whisk again until well combined.
- Step 3 Put pan on stove and heat on a medium-low heat.
- Step 4 Once heated for around 2-3 mins, add ghee to the pan until bottom is fully coated.
- Step 5 Completely soak the pieces of bread in the egg mixture.
- Step 6 Gently drop the pieces of bread in the pan, and pour the remaining egg mixture on top of the bread.
- Step 7 Let cook for 3-5 mins, or until the french toast turns golden brown in color.
- Step 8 Flip the pieces of bread and cook for another 3-5 mins.
- Step 9 Garnish your completed Indian french toast with more cilantro if desired and enjoy!