This is a recipe that was created by my mother and has been a popular dish at potlucks and parties since I can remember. I’ve shared this meal with my college roommates and friends and every single one of them has finished their plates wanting more. This indian style pasta recipe is definitely one that I would recommend to anyone wanting to spice up a classic spaghetti. It’s a great one for entertaining guests or when you want some comfort food with a desi twist. Please leave any comments or questions down below and I’d be happy to respond to all of them! Happy cooking, and hope you enjoy this recipe!
Indian Style Pasta
Try this Indian style pasta recipe that you can make in under an hour. Works great as a last minute tasty meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Vegetables or minced meat of choice (I recommend carrots, celery, bell peppers, and/or turkey meat)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander-cumin (dhana jeeru) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 bottle Arrabbiata sauce
- Shredded cheese of choice
- Step 1 Put pot on stove and heat on medium-low heat.
- Step 2 Once heated for around 2-3 mins, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Step 3 Add in chopped onion as well as ginger and garlic. This would also be a good time to ad any other desired vegetables or meat.
- Step 4 Sautee until onions are translucent, vegetables are soft, or meat is fully cooked through.
- Step 5 Add in the dried basil, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder, salt, and Arrabbiata sauce and stir until well incorporated.
- Step 6 Cover pot with lid and let it simmer for about 20-30 mins.
- Step 7 Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta.
- Step 8 Once pasta is done cooking, add to past sauce and incorporate well.
- Step 9 Add pasta to an oven-safe dish and cover with shredded cheese of choice.
- Step 10 Broil for around 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and enjoy your indian style pasta!