This simple masala eggs recipe is one that I learned from my aunt, and one that I’ve been making ever since she taught me how. With the simplicity of this recipe, it’s impossible to believe how satisfying it actually tastes and how great the spices compliment the eggs and toast! Since I’m still a college student, this is my go to dinner recipe for finals or midterm week, or when I don’t have much time to cook. Please leave any questions or comments down below and I’ll be happy to respond to all of them! I hope that this recipe finds you well, and happy cooking!
This quick and easy masala eggs recipe will definitely pack a punch to the classic fried eggs. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon ghee or purified butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder or to taste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- pinch of garam masala powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of toast
- Step 1 Heat pan on medium-low heat for about 2-3 mins.
- Step 2 Once pan is heated, add ghee, making sure it completely coats the bottom of the pan.
- Step 3 Add ginger and garlic to pan and sauté for about a minute.
- Step 4 Add salt, red chili powder, and turmeric and sauté until all spices are well combined.
- Step 5 Spread spice mixture evenly across the pan and gently crack the 2 eggs into the pan.
- Step 6 Let eggs cook for about 2-3 mins (or until the whites are no longer runny) and carefully flip the eggs, making sure not to break the yolks.
- Step 7 Let eggs cook for another minute.
- Step 8 Sprinkle the completed masala eggs with the desired amount of garam masala powder and enjoy over toast!